Note: In November of 2022, it will be 3 years to the month since I was nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Award. In gratitude and appreciation for this, I would like to repost the blog I published on that occasion. Thank you again for your readership of and participation in “A Prayer Life” blog over the past three years.
“A Prayer Life” was graciously nominated by Theodora at “Amazing Grace” blog for the Sunshine Blogger Award. I am very humbled and blessed by this recognition. (I didn’t know such an award existed). As part of the nomination process, and to get to know your fellow bloggers a little better, she posed the following 11 questions to her nominees. I will do my best to give my answers here. I pray all who read this blog are blessed for having done so.
1. How old is your blog?
I started ‘A Prayer Life’ in September 2019.
2. What do you enjoy most about blogging?
Reaching others with the the hope and love of God in Christ.
3. How important do you think Social Media is for the success of a blog?
If used with integrity and discretion, Social Media can be a wonderful tool for reaching others with your message.
4. How would you define a successful blog? In other words, what do you think a successful blog looks like?
A successful blog accomplishes it’s purpose; whatever purpose the blogger has in mind.
5. Describe your feelings when you received your first blogging award nomination?
Surprised and humbled.
6. Have you ever thought about monetizing your blog?
No, not at this time. (Note: I have since monetized this blog)
7. If so, what do you think is the best method for monetizing?
By providing a link or some other method for people to give or contribute. (Note: I’ve added a “Support” link at the top of my blog)
8. What kind of post do you find easiest or most enjoyable to write?
Brief Biblical, devotional and thought-provoking posts.
9. What do you think is best, long or short posts?
Short posts. I think brevity in writing makes the writer think more concise, and for the reader, the message more succinct.
10. Funny/weird Question: What is the weirdest thing you have ever eaten?
A gnat. (Not intentionally)
11. What is your favourite way to unwind after a hectic day?
A quiet evening with soft music, beautiful weather and good conversation.